Monday, February 25, 2008

Homeschool Valentine's Party!

This is our big diningroom/greatroom. Love the window, but it is very bright in the morning. I don't want to ruin it with blinds though... I got these hearts for 50 cents at Hobby Lobby. They are felt, I love felt! Used ribbon I already had in my stash and WHALA! A festive garland for less than a buck!
Kids praying, only a few peekers! :) Too Cute! SO thankful to have such a big great room. At first I wanted a formal dining room, but so glad God gave us this house. It is so roomy and perfect for huge gatherings. You can't see the rest in this picture, but there is room for one or two more tables if needed!

My cuteness! Love this seat by the way. Great investment. You can take it everywhere. My sweet valentines. They are all so great together!

And that's it for now. Been really busy with the kids. I committed to spending less time on the computer and more time with them. Especially with Daddy being gone so often, they really need me. And I've been feeling guilty letting them play alone. I have seen such a huge difference in their attitudes and behavior since I have essentially been by their side or within ear shot for the last week. Been able to nip little fights and whining in the bud before it happens which has been great.
Abby's third birthday was on Sunday. When did she grow up? I have pictures from that too, but will need to post on another day or during another nap.
Later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great party, the house looks great. Love, love, love the peekers, lol! Abby is 3! Where has the time gone already? the kids are just as darling as ever. Thanks for posting some pics SJ.

Unknown said...

Awwww!!! Your kids are just so cute!

I agree with the big great room concept. I LOVE mine. It's also really nice just to BE in the same room as Evan and Mark even if I'm just doing dishes, and they are just watching TV.

Jen said...

Love the decorations! How fun that party must have been. I'm impressed that you took it on, I'm not sure I could have!

And there's just no possible way Abby is 3. Wasn't it just last year she was born? Time flies when you grow up I guess!

Anonymous said...

Your home look so lovely! I would love to get into a one story if only one could sell! :o)